9/11 Responders Remembered Park Criteria for Name Placement on the Wall of Honor
The 9/11 RRP Board is sympathetic to any loss suffered. We are founded by 9/11 Responders, Widows, Volunteers, and everyday people whose only mission is to ensure our Park best represents the fragile fraternity of yesterday’s Heroes. The 9/11 RRP Board does not discriminate, nor will it let Politics, financial contributions, or any other outside influence dictate who we place and honor on our wall. But in good faith to the thousands who are sick from the aftermath of September 11, 2001, we must set guidelines to prevent fraud. We as an organization have a have a daunting task and moral obligation to get it right, so history is not distorted allowing our Park to remain intact for those who join the ranks as the best of the best.
Criteria for Name Placement:
– All individuals MUST have responded to Ground Zero as a First Responder, 9/11 Responder (arrived on or after September 11th, 2001), paid Volunteer, or non-paid Volunteer.
– Any individual, who passed away from a 9/11 related illnesses,
– Any individual, who passed away, must have succumbed to a 9/11 related illnesses that is covered under the current statute of the James Zadroga Health & Compensation Act.
– Any Suicide related death must be driven by 9/11 related PTSD and supported by documents.
Proof of Presence:
– Any individual uniform or non-uniform, paid or non-paid volunteer, that is considered to have his or her name on the 9/11RRP Wall, must show proof of presence at the Ground Zero site.
Since those individuals, who seek to have their names placed on our wall are deceased, the proof of presence must be met by the following:
– Family Members
– WTC Health Program Social Worker
– Legal Representatives
– Death Certificates
– Supporting Letters from Unions, and or Employers
– Signed Affidavit by Spouse, Family Members or Co-workers
– Photos taken at Ground Zero
– Security Badge with ID Number from Ground Zero
– Any Interview by TV, Radio or Newspaper
Additional Supporting information when evaluating an individual’s determination for name placement:
– Being Enrolled in a WTC Health Program
– Having a VCF Claim
– Supporting Letters and Medical Records from a Private Physician
Every September, this unique Park through its board, holds a somber event to honor the sacrifice of the brave men and women who risked their own lives and health for their country. If you wish to have your loved one, family member, co-worker, or colleague added to our wall, please email us at email@example.com, so we can add that individual to our wall at www.respondersremembered.com .
Titles and place of employment are subject to abbreviations at the discretion of the Park Board and engraver.